- Define Public Relations and explain its value
- Explain the different disciplines and types of PR
- Describe different stakeholder groups and explain how to reach them
- Explain how to create a basic PR plan, including measurement and evaluation
- Explain the role of professionalism and ethics in PR
- Explain effective media relations, how to successfully build relationships with journalists and how to write for the media
- Explain how to use social media for different audiences and how to write for social media.
- What is PR? Definitions and examples of how PR works and why it sometimes fails
- Tools and channels – different ways of delivering effective public relations
- PR planning, how to develop a campaign
- How to measure the value of your PR
- Press Releases, the good, bad and the ugly
- Media relations in action
- How to deal with the press and what makes news?
- Tips on interviews and crisis management
FOR WHOM:Public Relations managers, Supervisors, Officers and Others who perform related functions both in public and private sector
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.