- To appreciate the importance of both the formal and informal curriculum in promoting Education for Sustainable Development;
- To understand ways in which general educational objectives, interdisciplinary teaching methods, different subjects and various celebrations in the school calendar may be used to help reorient curriculums towards sustainability; and
- To promote across-the-curriculum approaches to Education for Sustainable Development.
- Understand the principles of sustainability and education for sustainability
- Identify key sustainability issues
- Develop sustainability literacy and competencies
- Enhance teaching through sustainability pedagogies
- Link the curriculum and informal learning
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.