By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Apply a four step process to systematically solve problems and decide on appropriate solutions.
- Use methods and tools (systematic process and fishbone diagramming) to discover the underlying cause of a problem.
- Use brainstorming, and several other creative thinking techniques to generate possible solutions to the problem.
- Identify the best choice from various options.”
- Create an Action Plan to implement the appropriate solution.
Define the problem:
- Find out your problem solving style (Self-assessment).
- Systematic Problem Definition (Basic Questions).
- Systematic Problem Definition (Grid).
- Fish Bone Diagrams / Ishikawa/ Cause and Effect diagrams.
Find Creative Solutions using creativity tools:
- Reverse Brainstorming.
- Mind Mapping.
- De Bono’s 6 Thinking Hats.
Evaluate and Select solution:
- Pro’s and Con’s.
- Force field analysis.
- Decision Matrix
- Cost/Benefit Analysis.
- Feasibility/Capability Analysis.
Implement solution and create an action plan:
- Create an action plan.
- Break solution into action steps.
- Prioritize actions and assign roles.
- Follow-up at milestones.
Human Resources Managers, Admin Managers, Senior Managers, Directors, Admin Officers and others who perform related functions.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.