This workshop is to provide information and guidance to public service agencies in relation to the management of potential disciplinary matters, including suspension, under the Public Service Act.
– Preliminary Assessment
– Consideration of Suspension
* Procedure for Suspending an Officer
* Suspension with Remuneration
* Suspension without remuneration
– Gesturing the Evidence
– Issuing first show cause notice- Liability for Discipline
– Reaching a finding on the allegations and intent to impose Disciplinary Action
– Issuing second show cause notice-proposes penalty
– Making a decision on the Disciplinary Action to be imposed
– Management of outcomes and Documentation
– Unfair Dismissal Applications
– Disclosure of previous Disciplinary Action
FOR WHOM: Human Resources Managers, Heads of Departments, Admin Managers and other who perform related functions in the Public and Private Sectors.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.